Skip to main content

How can individuals bring change to their lives?

"People rarely act unless compelled to" - The 48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene



                                                     Photo by Brad Starkey on Unsplash

To work on anything one should have a strong reason. It can be anything. And the reason will drive people to make changes in life. Our life task is to find the reason and work on it. 

To bring change in life first one should have self-awareness. Some people by birth will have the drive to focus on a particular thing and work on it for their entire life. But many of us have no idea what to do with life.

I was one among them. like everyone I was lost. Once I faced a difficult situation in life, I was forced to come out of that and my friend suggested to start reading and writing. In the beginning, I felt like quitting many times but there was a strong compulsion within that I have to overcome my current situation. and that was my driving force. I didn't read or write because I fell in love with that but I wanted peace.

It was hard for someone who used to hate reading and fall asleep when I saw the book but somehow I managed. That's the power of self-compulsion. We act only we are compelled to.

Now I have a routine in life. I get up early morning. Meditate for 30 minutes, Read, and write. I don't compromise my routine for anything. When I changed my routine everything around me started to change. The one change in your life can affect your life fully. It can impact all aspects of your life.

So you should figure out a reason why you want to change your life and that reason will help you to change your life correctly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Purpose

Yesterday on my way from Cochin, I experienced something really interesting. Had a wonderful talk with a strange lady. 1.     A lady around 35 years of age was carrying a child. She was not only carrying a child but also a long chain of key chains, pens, and drawing books for kids, some stationeries for sale. Normally we use to see people like her on trains and buses. But she was really a different lady. She came nearby me and asked “Sir, I have some good collection of key chains, pens, comb, kerchief. Please have a look”.  Actually, I don’t want anything, but the child in her hand attracted me with a cute smile. So for that, I decided to buy two key chains so that she could buy something for her child. Time passed by many men and women passed selling different items, some beggars also passed by. 2.     After some time I had noticed another lady carrying a child. But she was only carrying the child, not like the other lady. Actually, she was begging using the child. Withi

Learn from kids

Hi, Perseverance: - " P ersistence in doing something despite difficulty or delay in achieving success".                           Source: - Google Since yesterday morning my internet connection seemed slow, I restarted the modem, again and again, but still, it was slow as a snail. I called the service provider a couple of times but as usual received no response. Then I decided to visit their office which is a couple of kilometers from my home. I went to the kitchen to tell my mother that I was going to the BSNL office. My kid cousin Anirudh was sitting on the kitchen slab playing a video game.  After seeing my mother I went to the office. The officer in charge heard my complaint, checked and told me there was no problem with the connection. She said maybe the modem may not be functioning well and asked me to bring the modem so that she can check. I went back home after almost an hour at the office. When I reached home I found my cou

A Burning desire

I am sure each of us had gone through or are going through a tough phase in our life. 99% of people think it's our fate, but the rest 1% people believe and consider the toughness as an opportunity to learn and take a decision to MOVE, they accept   "   I am traveling in tough route, I am feeling cramped, YES!! I am out of comfort zone" . They don't give up, they don't complain, But they take a firm decision to MOVE. These people are later labeled as the most successful people in HISTORY of mankind.  Thomas A. Edison  Henry Ford  Charles Dickens  O. Henry  Hellen Keller Marshall Field and the list continues to Steve Jobs, Jack Ma, J.K Rowling Today I am going to share what happened to one of my friends with whom I had an hour and a half telephonic conversation after 5 years. Now, he is no more a person I know, he is no more the person who used be in our school days. Literally, he is now no more a person whom everybody knew 5 years ago.   A comp